As a girl, we know one period is never like another. But usually, our period follows a pattern. It’s important for you to understand which kind of flow you are having. Here are some insights.
You are probably experiencing a Light Flow if:
- Your period lasts no more than 4 days
- Your blood changes colour during your period, starting as red and becoming brown in the last few days.
Even on heavier days, you don’t need to worry about leaks. You can easily use the same pad for 4 hours, or at least 6 hours with a menstrual cup. Mini and Regular Pachapads are the best choice for you.
You are probably experiencing a Regular Flow if:
- Your period lasts 4 to 6 days
- On days of heavier flow, you should change your pad after 4 hours (or 6 hours if you’re using a menstrual cup). Leaks can happen.
- On days of even stronger flow, your blood appears red and sometimes with clots, with the last days of menstruation getting progressively weaker.
You are probably experiencing an Intense Flow if:
- Your period lasts more than 5 days
- You get heavy flow every day
- You need to use pads throughout the night and have to change them often
- Leaks are frequent